... seeking simple answers to complex problems, and in the process, disrupting the status quo in technology, art and neuroscience.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

World's Smallest Political Quiz




“The best government is that which governs least” John L. O’Sullivan 1837

Many of you have heard my political positions - government is about twice the size it needs to be and should be limited to no more than 25% of our production. Further, government shouldn't do anything we can do better as individuals. Finally, there should be no crime without a victim other than the perpetrator.

Zoe first sent me this test a couple of years ago. I just rediscovered it. These ten questions will reveal a lot about who you are politically. And personally. Though obviously biased, it's impressive in how it simplifies such a complexity. But after all, how much government do we really need?

FYI, I got a perfect 10 out of 10.

Please post YOUR results in the comments below. I'd like to know how my friends think.



1 comment:

  1. I'm a liberal...big surprise.

    90% on social issues.
    205 economic.

    However...the *test* is rather vague. Like, cut government spending 50% sounds good, but where would they make the cuts?

    I have been on the board of directors of too many charitable organizations to pass the welfare issue on to a non-profit. OMG, OMG, OMG....good like finding consensus there.

    I DO however think Welfare is not doing what it was originally intended when an able bodied person is getting money for being a layabout. Make them join the Army!!

    If our country is being attacked, YES on the draft, but no otherwise.

    Fun test...but seriously way too vague.

    ReplyDelete